Map

Buildings of the Locksmithery School - The Cellar under a Secret Padlock


ul. Bruchnalskiego 35
32-040 Świątniki Górne
The historic building of the Imperial-Royal Locksmithery School was built in the years 1888-1894. It was constructed from read brick, in the style of Galician architecture. The two-storey building was designed by Józef Sare. The basement of the school houses a special meeting spot for local residents and friends of the local community, where history workshops, performances and other cultural events are held. The place is known as "The Cellar under a Secret Lock”. At the corner of the building a wrought eagle made in 1912, at the same time as the school gate which has the form of interweaving rose and grapevine branches. The initiator and the maker of these elements was the former school student and later its teacher – Stanisław Kwintowski. A 19th-century percussion press stands in the school yard, as a reminder of the school workshop, no longer in existence. It is a memento and a symbol of several hundred years of local metal-working traditions. The building also houses the Marcin Mikuła Smithery Museum. Currently the building is part of the School Complex in Świątniki Górne.
The manorial complex, includes the manor house (now housing a kindergarten), the administrator’s house, a bran, a granary, a fence and a landscape park. The buildings were raised in the first quarter of the 20th century, and the park itself was set up earlier, in the 19th century.
Source: http://www.gmina.czernichow.pl/index.php/gmina-czernichow/zabytkThe historic building of the Imperial-Royal Locksmithery School was built in the years 1888-1894. It was constructed from
read brick, in the style of Galician architecture. The two-storey building was designed by Józef Sare. The basement of the school houses a special meeting spot for local residents and friends of the local community, where history workshops, performances and other cultural events are held. The place is known as "The Cellar under a Secret Lock”. At the corner of the building a wrought eagle made in 1912, at the same time as the school gate which has the form of interweaving rose and grapevine branches. The initiator and the maker of these elements was the former school student and later its teacher – Stanisław Kwintowski. A 19th-century percussion press stands in the school yard, as a reminder of the school workshop, no longer in existence. It is a memento and a symbol of several hundred years of local metal-working traditions. The building also houses the Marcin Mikuła Smithery Museum. Currently the building is part of the School Complex in Świątniki Górne.
The manorial complex, includes the manor house (now housing a kindergarten), the administrator’s house, a bran, a granary, a fence and a landscape park. The buildings were raised in the first quarter of the 20th century, and the park itself was set up earlier, in the 19th century.

Source: www.gmina.czernichow.pl
Używamy plików cookies, by ułatwić korzystanie z naszego serwisu. Jeśli nie chcesz, aby pliki cookies były zapisywane na Twoim dysku zmień ustawienia swojej przeglądarki.