The first accounts concerning Krzęcin date from 1254, when Duke Boleslaus the Chaste confirmed the donation of the village with the local inn, the forest and meadows, to the Convent of the Premonstratensian Sisters in Zwierzyniec near Kraków. Despite various attempts, the land remained the Convent’s property until the first partition of Poland in 1772. Then it was the property of the Austrian treasury until in 1795 it was sold to Marcin Alojzy Haller. His successors held the estate until the outbreak of the First World War when it was parcelled out and some parts were purchased by local farmers.
When in Krzęcin, take a look at the wooden church
on the Wooden Architecture Trail, visit the regional history chamber
and taste a Krzęcin bread from the local bakery.