Kamień is a village situated in the Rudna Landscape Park (Rudniański Park Krajobrazowy). Originally it was known as Kamom or Kamyk. Jan Długosz was the first to use its name Kamień in the 15th century. But the village had already existed earlier. It is known because the founding document of 3 June 1319 has survived. In the 15th century, the village became the property of Lateran Regular Canons from the Corpus Christi monastery in Kazimierz, a town near Kraków. The village supplied construction materials: timber, limestone and clay, to the Canons for the construction of the parish church of Corpus Christi. For centuries the monastery was a driving force for Kamień’s development; it founded two farming estates, opened new quarries, limekilns, a sawmill, a mead brewery where A mead-based alcoholic beverage was made, and an inn. It needs also be noted that the second half of the 18th century saw the quest for gold and silver here, because of the existence of some local minerals (mica). King Stanisław August Poniatowski was keenly interested in the works.
During the Second World War the village bombarded by the Allied who mistook the church in Kamień for the church in Tenczynek.
The Neo-Gothic Church of the Protection of Our Lady in Kamień, built in the years 1924-1928, replacing the 18th-century chapel, is worth seeing. Local residents drew for years to the miracle-working icon of Our Lady. Net to the church there are the remnants of a farming estate and a garden dating from the 18th and the 19th centuries, including the brick granary, a fine wooden well, the traces of the Italian garden and, most importantly, linden trees which are now several hundred years old.